The Commonwealth Director of Public Prosecutions aims to make information on this website accessible to all users. This website has been developed to comply with Level AA of the World Wide Web Consortium’s Web Content Accessibility Guidelines.
This website has a limited number of documents that cannot be provided in HTML format. To assist users to download and share web content, some documents are available in Portable Document Format (PDF). We have taken steps to ensure where possible that alternate formats are available, commonly Rich Text Format (RTF), as well as enabled common applications/sites to easily share information - social media and email.
If there is data or information that you require and it is in a format that you cannot access, or if you experience any other accessibility difficulties, please advise the CDPP Webmaster.
Commonwealth Director of Public
GPO Box 3104
CANBERRA ACT 2601
02 6206 5666
This website has been designed and constructed so that:
- it works well across the majority of popular web browsers
- all Australians, including those with a disability or with technical limitations can access the information on our site
- it meets the World Wide Web Consortium’s Web Content Accessibility Guidelines.
Site users can also seek assistance from the Translating and Interpreting Service managed by the Department of Immigration and Border Protection.
Most documents that can be downloaded from this website are available in both Portable Document Format (PDF) and in other formats.
To access PDF documents, you need PDF reader software. People who use speech readers may also need to access the Adobe Accessibility Resource Center to be able to read the content of PDF documents.
Some older documents may currently only be available in one format. We are working to provide multiple formats.
If you are having difficulty accessing any of the information on this website please contact us and we will arrange for the information to be made available to you in a more suitable format.
Navigating with a keyboard
If you are not using a mouse to navigate our website, you can navigate on the keyboard by using the TAB and ENTER keys:
- To select a link, use the TAB key + ENTER.
- To go back, press the SHIFT key + TAB. To browse forward, press the TAB key.
Help with file downloads
If you wish to view PDF files and don't have an Adobe Acrobat product installed on your computer, you can download the free Acrobat PDF reader here.
If you wish to view Microsoft Word or RTF (Rich Text File) files and don't have Microsoft Word installed, you can download a free Word viewer from the Microsoft website here.
If you wish to view Microsoft Excel files, and don't have Microsoft Excel installed, you can download a free Excel viewer from the Microsoft website here.
Change the size of the text
To change the size of the text, change the text display settings in your web browser.
In Windows this is done in different browsers by:
- in Internet Explorer go to the View menu and select the Text size option, then the size you prefer
- in Firefox 1.5 / 2 open the View menu with the mouse or by selecting Alt and V at the same time. Select the Text Size option with the mouse or select Z. Increase or decrease the text size with the mouse or by using the up and down arrow keys and selecting Enter.
- in Firefox versions earlier than 1.5 open the View menu with the mouse or by selecting Alt and V at the same time. Select the Text Size option with the mouse or by selecting S twice. Increase or decrease the text size with the mouse or by using the up and down arrow keys and selecting Enter.
- In Netscape click on the View menu with the mouse or select Alt + V . Click on the Text Zoom option with the mouse or select Z. Click on the text size you want with the mouse or use the up and down keys and then Enter to select the text size you want.
- In Opera press + (in some versions you might need to select the Shift key as well) to increase size and the - (minus) to decrease text size. Each click will increase or decrease the size by 10%. Alternatively select Alt + V to bring up the view menu and then select Z to bring up the zoom options then use the up and down arrow keys to select the option you want followed by Enter.
In Mac this is done in different browsers by:
- in Firefox, Internet Explorer or Netscape 7 select Apple and + (plus) to increase the text size and Apple and - (minus ) to decrease the text size
- in Opera for OS 8 and 9, select Apple + Y. Click on Fonts and colors or use the down arrow to select it. Click in the box next to Minimum font size (pixels) or use Tab until the box is highlighted and enter a minimum font size
- in Opera 8 / 9 for OS X select Apple + , (comma). Click on the Web pages tab or select Alt + Tab until the Web pages tab is selected. Click on the Page Zoom option box and select your zoom size or use the Tab key twice to select the page zoom option box and use the up and down arrow keys to select your zoom size.
- in Safari click on the View menu with the mouse. Click on Make Text Bigger or Make Text Smaller to change the font size
In Linux this is done in different browsers by:
- in Firefox open the View menu with the mouse or by selecting Alt + V. Click Text Size. Click on Increase or Decrease to change the text size or use the right arrow to expand the Text Size menu options and use the up and down arrow to select Increase or Decrease and then select Enter
- in Konqueror select Ctrl and + (plus) to increase the text size and select Ctrl + - (minus) to decrease the text size
- in Opera 8 /9 select Shift and + to increase size and Shift + - to decrease text size. Each time you repeat this will increase or decrease the size by 10%.
- in Opera 6 /7 click on the File menu or select Alt + F. Click on the Preferences option or select R. Select Page Style. Click on the box under Default Zoom and when the list pops up click on the font size you want or select Alt + Z and use the up and down arrows to select the font size you want
Help and comments
If you are having difficulty accessing any of the information on this website or would like to send us your comments please contact us.